These Sliding Basement Egress windows are great for replacement or new construction. They are plastic covered and have wood bracing for pour in place applications.
These windows are shipped with a screen for the side that opens.
48 ½” wide Sliding Egress Windows are designed to work with all of REDDCO’S Egress Wells that are larger than 53″ wide.
Custom sized sliding egress windows can be special ordered in ¼” increments to fit any size requirements.
These vinyl sliding windows operate by sliding the window open and popping out the screen for easy escape.
REDI-EXIT® Sliding Basement Egress Windows are available in three sizes; 48 1/2″ wide x 46 1/2″ high x 8″ jamb depth only; 48 ½” wide x 60 1/2″ high and 60 1/2″ wide x 46 1/2″ high, in jamb depths of 7 ½”, 8″, 9 ½”, 10″, and 11 ½”.
The 48 ½” x 46 1/2″ Sliding Egress Window is stocked in 7 ½”, 8″, 9 ½” and 10″ jamb depths for quick delivery.
REDI-EXIT® Sliding Basement Egress Windows are built with double pane clear Glass or optional Energy Star Rated Low-e glass and Argon gas fill that is 5/8″ thick. They have brass rollers and two side window locks.
REDI-EXIT® Sliding Windows are uniquely designed to open 20″ wide to meet this current IRC code requirement. Most other 48″ wide sliding windows don’t meet this requirement.
Both window sashes can be lifted out of the frame for cleaning or to open a clear area that allows large items to pass through the window into the basement.
REDI-EXIT® Sliding Basement Egress Windows can be made in custom sizes with the following options: Tempered Glass, Nailing Fins, Obscure Glass, Grids between the glass (Muntins).
Call REDDCO Incorporated toll free at (866) 996-1989 for Price and Delivery for Price and Delivery.
This Installation Guideline is intended to give the installer a general installation and guidelines on how to correctly install a Basement Egress Window, a Basement Egress Window Well and Window Well Cover. This Installation Guideline is not intended to replace the Manufacturer’s Installation Instructions, but to supplement and expand on them. An Installer must follow the Manufacturer’s Installation Instructions when ever they vary from these Guidelines to keep the Manufacturers Warranty Enforce.
- It is the responsibility of the owner, architect, contractor and or builder to select products that comply with applicable, state and local building codes that is appropriate for the application and use. A building permit may be needed.
- REDDCO Inc is not responsible for claims resulting from the failure of the contractor or homeowner to properly install or maintain the Egress Window, Window Well, and Cover.
- Call your local diggers hotline before beginning excavation to avoid accidental contact with underground utility lines
- Gutters, Down Spouts, Faucets on exterior walls, Sprinkler Heads and Sump Pump Outlets must be at least 6 to 10 feet away from the window well. All water must be directed away from the well to assure proper drainage.
- Grading around the house must be sloped away from the Window Well at a slope of 1″per foot for proper drainage.